Friday, December 20, 2013

Two cups of coffee

I ran across a mommy blog yesterday, which yet again repeated a new mom mantra. Something like: "I'm a new mom. I started this blog to show you how I'm not going to let motherhood change me, and how I refuse to turn into one of 'those' moms."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAHA

Sorry, but just BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! New mom blogger, you already are one of them! haha!

You already are.

Yesterday I poured myself a cup of coffee. I set it down on the counter and was legitimately surprised when I saw another cup of coffee there on the counter, right next to it.

It was still hot.

I'm the only one home, and my 2-year old does not, that I am aware of, drink coffee. Unlike the footprints in the sand, I'm fairly certain Jesus did not set that cup there.

But okay, sure, motherhood has not changed me. I just dragged along a husband and four kids live to live in my stagnant, never changing, always predictable, supremely satisfying world of not-one-of-those-moms-awesomeness. And it was super easy and fun!!!

All moms will be "one of those" moms. It's just a fact. The sooner we know it, the better. We all have these pre-determined categories of what "those moms" are, and if we do manage to avoid the types we think we want to avoid, we will invariably create some new horrifying category type for other new moms to kid themselves into trying to avoid.

So you know, relax. It is utterly impossible to become an ANYTHING and not "let" it change us.

I definitely drank both cups of coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment